THE PARTS OF SPEECH
The parts of Speech mentioned below will be best for students for their better understanding as it is written in a simple way.
- Noun:– A noun is a word which denotes only the name of a person, place, or thing.
Examples: Rahul(person), Murshidabad (place) , Pen (thing) etc.
- Pronoun: – A pronoun is a word which is generally used in place of a noun. eg. He, She, I., etc.
Samiran(noun) is a boy. He (pronoun) goes to school.
- Adjective:- An Adjective is a word which is generally used to qualify a noun or a pronoun.
It definately tells the quality of noun or pronoun.
Examples: good, fast, beautiful, etc.
He is a good boy.
Lazy students fail in the exam.
- Verb:- Verb is a word that generally denotes some action done by doer.
Examples: Play, hit, come. etc.
He plays cricket.
5 Adverb:- An adverb is a word which is obviously used to qualify a Verb.
Examples: Carefully, attentively.
Tina goes slowly.
- Preposition:-Preposition is a word which clearly indicates the position of a noun.
Examples: in, on, at, over, under, etc.
The diary is on the table.
7.Conjunction:– conjunction is a word which is naturally used to join one word to another word or one sentence to another sentence.
Examples:1. Do or die.
2.My sister is talkative but she is very good at heart.
- Her father is honest although he is poor.
- He could not attend my birthday party because his mood was off.
5 .Kamal is rich yet he is miser.
8.Interjection:– An interjection a word or words whice is/are used to express some sudden feeling or emotion. Examples: oh! alas! fie! etc.
Good gracious! what a big snake it is.
what a beautiful heart you have!
Fie! you are a coward.
******I hope you have learnt it very well after going through all the parts of speech.
*****For better learning CHANGE OF VOICE , Please visit the link given below: